|Actor Name||Bhumi Pednekar|
|Birthdate||18 July 1989|
|Hometown||Bombay, Maharashtra, India|
|Current City||Bombay, Maharashtra, India|
|Qualification||Acting at Whistling Woods International|
|Family|| Satish (Father)
Unknown Facts –
- In preparation for the role of Sandhya in Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015), Pednekar gained close to 12 kg,
- She was featured by Forbes India in their 30 Under 30 list of 2018.
- Her parents took out a study loan for her to study acting at Whistling Woods International, but she was expelled due to poor attendance. Within a year and a half, she joined Yash Raj Films as an assistant film director and paid off the loan.
- She teamed with MTV India for their Nishedh campaign, which aims to create awareness about health issues, including reproductive health, among the youth.
- Bhumi Pednekar began a campaign named Climate Warrior to raise awareness on environmental protection and global warming.
Unlike her contemporaries, who went on a strict diet regime to shed those extra kilos, Dum Laga Ke Haisha actress Bhumi Pednekar says she never starved herself to get rid of her fuller figure. According to a PTI report, the Mumbai-born actress, who lost 27 kg since last December, said she thoroughly enjoyed her weight loss journey. “The journey of shedding weight was tough but the only good thing was it did not take a toll on my health. It was all natural and planned. It didn’t affect me mentally, which generally happens. But I did have to do a lot of hard work. It was a fun process for me. I really enjoyed doing it. There wasn’t any day when I was missing on anything because I was taking the fat-free version of it,” she said.
Yash Raj Films can be credited for sourcing and promoting promising new talent in the industry with their films. Continuing the tradition, Yash Raj Films has once again launched a new face with their latest release, Dum Laga Ke Haisha. Bhumi Pednekar marks her entry in Bollywood with this film where she is paired opposite Ayushmann Khurrana. While it remains to be seen how her career shapes up in Bollywood, read on to know some interesting facts about the actress.
- Dum Laga Ke Haisha
- Man’s World
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha
- Shubh Mangal Saavdhan
- Lust Stories
- Saand Ki Aankh
- Pati Patni Aur Woh
- Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan
- Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare
Social Media Handles –
- Instagram –
- Facebook –
- Twitter –
— bhumi pednekar (@bhumipednekar) June 26, 2020