- How does it feel about returning to shooting after a three-month gap? Ans: I am delighted to face the camera after a long gap. It was simply great to be back on the sets and shoot again after so many months. We all have been at home and waiting to get back to what we love doing the most – Acting and entertaining our viewers. When I entered the set, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well prepared everyone was and embraced what we now call the New Normal.
- Tell us about your character in the show?
Ans: In Gudiya Humari Sabhi Pe Bhari, I play the role of Guddu’s Taiji, Uma Devi (Harbheji), who has a bit of grey shade in her. She has forever been bitter and angry because she was married to Madhav, who is disabled. Together, they have two children, a girl, and a boy but, both the children are unique in their way. Her son has been crazy since childhood and daughter, a little foolish. Both Harbheji and Madhav try all their means to get their hands on the family properties for their children, and in the bargain, her main motto is to brainwash Guddu and urge him to get married.
- How did you bag this role/character?
Ans : I was a part of another show before lockdown. During this time, the production house had approached me for another character, but it did not go through as I got busy with something else. Then, in April, when they contacted me again, I was briefed about the character which is Uma Devi. I enjoyed the look and feel of the character and immediately gave my audition and did a look test post which, I was finalised to play the role.
- Did you have to prep for this role? If yes, tell us about the preparations.
Ans: In the past, I have essayed a lot of characters based in MP, UP & Bihar so, picking up the accent was not a tough job for me. But for my role, I learnt the Avadhi language as well. In the upcoming episodes, I have to speak in Lucknowi style, so I have started learning the Lucknowi language on my own and from a teacher who is present on set besides watching movies and videos to improve the accent further. It is always interesting to learn something new.
- Have you started shooting? How has been your experience? Tell us a bit about your first day at the shoot.
Ans: Yes, I have started shooting, and I must say, entering the sets on the first day of shoot post lockdown was a different and new experience for me altogether. Before heading to shoot, I was a bit apprehensive but looking at how minutely the production house made safety arrangement on the sets made all my fears go away. On reaching the set, our body temperature and oxygen levels were monitored, everyone on the set is very responsible about hygiene and sanitisation. While on set, I roam around wearing a mask and carry a hand sanitiser. I remove the mask only while giving a shot. Even our makeup rooms are being sanitised every two hours. All these arrangements are new for all of us. We have some exciting episode in the
pipeline, and I am eagerly looking forward to it to go on air.
- Tell us briefly about the storyline for the fresh episodes.
Ans: In the fresh upcoming episode, Gudiya learns Guddu’s truth of hailing from an ancestral dacoit family. Gudiya tries many tricks to cause Guddu trouble from spoiling all Guddu’s clothes with toothpaste to asking people not to cook for Guddu. Similarly, like this, viewers are going to witness some fun and exciting drama on the show.
- Any other projects in the pipeline?
Ans: Well, there are a few in the discussion, and it is too early to be on the record. Until then, my entire focus is currently on & TV’s, Gudiya Humari Sabhi Pe Bhari.